What if a spot of lipstick or oil threatens to deprive you of a stylish new clothes? Act quickly! - The first rule. The older the stain, the more difficult it is to withdraw. But even the most difficult spots - not a reason to record a stylish thing in "rags" and "to the country."
Before you start to deal with the stain carefully consider it. Never rub at once and never use hot water to it. If a thing of delicate fabrics (like silk), print spot is much harder than with a cotton shirt or woolen trousers. As a rule, most spots cope stain remover such as "Vanish", but there are other reliable methods. Especially since the stain remover may not always be on hand (in the country, at a party, on a business trip).
- Try to scrub the stain with a cloth soaked in alcohol.
- Apply to the stain hair spray, leave for a few minutes, then wipe off the stain with a cloth, it should move like a film with a tissue.
- Rub the stain toothpaste, rinse with water, repeat if necessary.
- Make a paste of lemon juice and salt, put on the spot, then put a cloth for a while in the sun.
- If the blood is fresh, then dab several times with cold water or wipe with a cube of ice. If the blood has dried, it is necessary to apply a 3% hydrogen peroxide solution.
- Put on the spot talc or baby powder, for half an hour. Then whisk the powder, wash in hot water with detergent. Cornstarch operates in the same manner.
- Well removes grease dishwashing liquid. Apply it on the stain, leave for 30 minutes, then wash and dry as usual.
- Make a paste of sugar and water. Rub the stain and leave it to the laundry.
- Make a solution of 1 liter of warm water, 1 teaspoon of liquid detergent and 1 teaspoon of white vinegar. Apply the stain until it disappears, then wash all fresh water.
- For cotton, you can try to scrub the stain with alcohol. For polyester - sprinkle the stain with hairspray and iron through a clean, dry cloth. Then rinse with water. For very difficult stains alternately try and do both.
- If the stain is fresh, put salt on the stain, wait until absorbed, still wait an hour, then soak in cold water and wash until the stain disappears. If the stain appeared at a party, and you can not undress and immediately faded spot, or at least dampen the stain with mineral water with gas, and when you get home, wash as soon as possible.
- Pour the milk over the stain, let it soak, wait about an hour. Then wash as usual.
- Soak the stain in a mixture of vinegar and cold water for 30 minutes, then wash as usual.
- Use detergent and white vinegar to remove stains from hair dyes. Then wash with bleach and hydrogen peroxide. Rinse.
- A quarter cup of salt per liter, dilute the hot water. Put the mixture on the stain, then wash.
Berries and fruit juice
- Make a paste of lemon juice and salt. Put on the spot, leave for 30 minutes.
To remove rust Make a paste of lemon juice and salt and apply it on the spot. Put the cloth in the sun until the stain disappears.
Removing stains from silk
In two liters of cold water you need to add half a cup of mild detergent and 2 teaspoons white vinegar. Do not soak. And just have a good stretch, and then expand the silk garment on a towel, cover with another and ironed while damp.
Yellowing of linen and wool (this is true for clothing and bedding) can be prevented by rinsing the items with the addition of half a cup of white vinegar. After necessarily thoroughly rinsed with water. Nylon does not dry in the sun, so that the fabric is not yellowed.
General recommendations for washing
Handkerchief is best to wash, if the pre-soak it in salt water, then wash in hot water.
If you need to remove the smell of fabric, before washing, soak in a solution of vinegar (cotton and synthetics, soak for an hour, wool 30 minutes). If the smell is not very strong, it is possible when washing detergent to add a cup of vinegar. Note: vinegar is contraindicated for silk and acetate!