In the cold season, one of the most vulnerable parts of our body - our lips. Under the influence of frost and Chillwind they quickly dry and cracked. Protect and soften lip balms special help, but it is important to them to choose the right. And simply by their manufactured from ingredients that you like best.
What good is a home lip balm?
Making homemade balm - is not only profitable, but also individually. You will be able to choose the most suitable to your requirements ingredients, thus saving money. Besides self-made lip balms much safer some modern cosmetics that contain harmful elements such as lead.
Homemade lip balm - a great solution for parents who are worried about the lips of their children, but are afraid to call the children allergies, irritation and so on. The types and amounts due can be different: with beeswax, honey, coconut oil, vaseline, with SPF, and many others. It all depends on your preference.
Fragrances for home lip balm
Everyone wants to cosmetic was not only effective, but also fragrant. The home balm, as in the industrial, typically added fragrant essential oils. Here are some of the most popular options with their features:
• Essential oils of cinnamon and cloves - has a warming effect and rather strong flavor, so add them to be careful.
• The essential oil of ginger - a spicy, exotic and warming. Well suited for the cold seasons. But overdo with it not worth it.
• Essential oils of lime, lemon and grapefruit - very refreshing, filling lip balm pleasant citrus aroma.
• Peppermint essential oil - has a refreshing, invigorating and cooling effect. Because of the pronounced flavor of adding it is in very small doses.
• Essential oil of sweet orange - has a sweet, refreshing citrus scent. It blends well with most other oils.
• Essential oils of lavender and vanilla - have a very pleasant aroma and can be combined with other oils.
How to make homemade lip balm?
Conjuring over the composition of its balm, rely solely on your taste. Improvisation - this is the best approach to the process of making your money. After a second you are unlikely to meet. However, the most common component of the base balm is beeswax. It is found in most types of cosmetics for lips (lip, balms, lipsticks, primers). It can get out of any high quality lip balm on beeswax or buy at a pharmacy or at the fair honey.
Here are a few basic steps to prepare the promised funds:
• Shred or chop roughly one part beeswax, then put it in a cup with three parts vegetable oil (preferably olive or almond) and melt in a water bath or on a normal couple. This mixture should not boil.
• mass melted, remove from heat and add the essential oils that you choose (up to 30 g).
• Pour the mixture into a prepared container or jar for balm, while it is still hot. If all of a sudden he quickly cooled and froze, then you can warm up again for a couple.
• Wait until your balm has cooled down (typically overnight) in the container. And only then close the container lid.
In addition to the main classic recipe home we offer a balm to meet even a few simple ways of cooking.
Home balm with beeswax, honey and mint
• 30 g of pure beeswax;
• 1 tbsp. spoon of honey;
• Almond oil;
• Essential oil of peppermint.
Pour the wax into a bowl and add to it 60 g of almond oil. Melt the mixture in a water bath, or simply put the bowl in a pan of hot water. Once the wax and almond butter melts, add them one tablespoon of honey. Stir everything until smooth and leave to cool. After a check texture means that if it is not thick enough, then most likely, you have gone too far with almond oil. And even if "the spoon is," ie, the overabundance of wax. Add to the resulting mass of a few drops of peppermint essential oil and mix. Quickly, until everything is frozen, lay in containers or jars using a disposable syringe. Keep the balm in a dry and cool place.
It is also preparing other balms, such as honey:
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon honey
• 3/4 teaspoon grated beeswax
• 1/2 teaspoon pure cocoa butter
• A few drops of essential oil (lemon better) of your choice.
Or lip balm with coconut oil:
• One part beeswax or carnauba wax;
• Two parts of coconut oil;
• A few drops of vitamin E oil (acts as a natural preservative, in addition, antioxidants), or several drops of an essential oil of your choice.
Homemade lip balm with SPF
This type of balm will protect your lips from harmful sun rays and from small lip wrinkles. Here are the ingredients that you need:
• Beeswax - 45 g;
• Avocado oil - 60 g;
• Shea Butter - 45 g;
• Cocoa butter - 30 g;
• Half a teaspoon of crushed white titanium oxide - has excellent protective SPF-properties;
• A teaspoon of vitamin E (as a preservative);
• 2 teaspoons of orange and vanilla flavor.
Melt the wax in a pan over low heat. Add to it the cocoa butter and shea. Boil these ingredients for 15 minutes. After adding thereto avocado oil (preferably slightly warmed), vitamin E, titania and essential oils. Remove the mixture from the bowl from heat and pour it into a container for balsam.
To give your home a beautiful shade of lip balm can be used natural or industrial food coloring and a little shadow, lipstick or powder.