"Who eats onion, he saved from eternal damnation" (proverb). We all have heard of course, my mother or my grandmother called the child's grief onion ... Well, yes, tears pouring from the bow. But if you think about it, this is a great happiness that we all have to eat onions.
According to Egyptian mythology, the bow was a favorite vegetable fertility goddess Isis, and because it has given its many medicinal properties.
Egyptians planted onions in large areas in the valleys of the Nile still in the IV millennium BC. e. and eating it in large quantities. Luke was a daily diet pyramid builders. In ancient Greece, the onion was also one of the most beloved and edible plants. On it was repeatedly mentioned by Homer in the "Odyssey" and "Iliad." In ancient Rome, onions grown on special areas of trained people for the army. Luke mentioned in the cuneiform writing of the ancient Sumerians and the Bible.
Bulb onions -
- A perennial bulbous plant of the lily family, in height from 50 to 100cm. Fleshy tunicate bulb looks like a flattened ball to 10-15cm in diameter. The outer scales of the bulb is white, yellow or purple. From stems departs beam bulb roots in the soil to a depth of 50-70cm. The stem is thick, hollow, having at the base a few leaves, usually from 4 to 8.
Flowers inconspicuous, greenish-white, on long stalks, with bracts, are collected in a ball-shaped umbrella that before flowering nestled in plёnchaty case. Flowering onion in June - August. Bees pollinate onions and other insects. Sometimes in the inflorescence, except the flowers, formed tiny bulblets, kids that are in contact with the ground to germinate and give birth to a new plant. Fruits onions ripen in August-September and have the form of spherical capsules with black, with small seeds.
Bulb onions contain vitamins B, A, C, PP; sugar - glucose, fructose, sucrose, maltose, essential oil, inulin, phytin, nitrogen, flavonoids, sulfur, calcium, phosphorous, iodine .... All plant has Phytoncidic activity.
Since ancient times, the different peoples of the world have used it
for therapeutic purposes
. Bow used in his practice Galen and Hippocrates.
- Onion has antimicrobial, antiseptic, anti-cancer, antitoxic, antiviral, antibacterial, wound healing, carminative, choleretic, diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant, hypotensive, gastric, tonic properties.
- Information about its medicinal properties found in Russian folk Travnik, published in 1871, which states that onion - an effective prophylactic against most "contagious diseases and plague epidemic."
- Japanese scientists have found that onions are not only able to "clean" the brain cells and slow down the process of aging and rejuvenate.
- A French scientists, surveyed several thousand women aged 25 to 70 years, found that eating onions leads to a reduction in the incidence of cancer by 80%.
- Bow strengthens bones, purifies blood, regulates body weight, improves the exchange of lymph, improves memory, emotions colors more bright cheerful colors.
- Fresh onion is useful for scurvy and impotence.
- For thousands of years the bow used to treat infections of respiratory and urinary tract diseases, digestive disorders, skin diseases, heart disease, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, and fever.
- If the chopped onion mixed with salt and applied to the warts, they will disappear
- Traditional medicine uses a bow to expel round worms (ascarids, pinworms). To do this, it is eaten on an empty stomach and drink ½ cup onion infusion for 4 days. 1 medium onion chop and pour 1 cup of the night water.
- Luke is one of the most common ingredients in almost all cuisines of the world of erotic. As aphrodisiac it was used since prehistoric times. It is written in Greek, Arabic, Indian treatises dedicated to the art of loving pleasure.
No less popular use of the bow and
in folk cosmetics
- For hair loss fresh onion juice rubbed into the head.
- To strengthen the hair and improve their growth wash the head broth onion peel, or applied to the hair crushed into mush onion, cover with plastic film and leave on hair for 40-60 minutes. Then wash the head with shampoo.
- Use the bow and to get rid of dandruff and give your hair to straw-golden hue. To do this, simply rinse decoction of onion peel. In order to dye hair in an orange-red color, moisten with broth hair and leave it for 30-40 minutes.
- Gruel of bulbs brings acne, freckles, age spots, removes rash and itching. Squeeze the juice of one onion, mix with honey 1: 1 and apply on face for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with water at room temperature.
More ancient Greeks knew about
rejuvenating mask of onions
Face mask for the prevention and wrinkles.
1 medium onion young cook in the husk, peel, mash, add 1st. a spoonful of sour cream and apply on face for 10-15 minutes, rinse with water in which the cooked onion.
Mask for oily skin
. 2st tablespoons of onion juice mixed with 1 teaspoon of vinegar, soak the cloth with this mixture and apply on face for 7-10 minutes. Rinse with water at room temperature.
For irritated skin
. 2st. spoon onion mush mixed with a 1st. spoon of sugar, mix well and apply on face for 10 minutes, rinse with a cotton swab dipped in warm water, then wash with cool.
. 1st. spoon of onion juice mixed with 1 tbsp. spoon of cucumber juice. Soak a cloth and apply on face for 10-15 minutes. To achieve the effect of exchange rate masks need 15-20 1-2 days.
Magicians claim that the bulb is planted in the new moon, the house will attract luck in money and love affairs.