Integrated image of cosmetic consumer, revealing contemporary trends of consumption:
• Consumption of cosmetic products for body care
• Consumer preferences
• Purchase of cosmetic products for body care
• Sources of information on cosmetic products for body care
• Portrait of the consumer
As part of the study identified the major trends in the consumption of cosmetic products for body care.
1. The use of cosmetic products for body care:
• Milk, cream - the most popular cosmetic body care: they are all of the respondents, and 66% uses it every day / several times a week.
• The popularity rating of cosmetic products for body care cosmetics for massage is the last - more than half of the respondents do not use it (53%).
• The most common reason for the use of cosmetic products for body care - "after taking a shower the human skin in need of care." (50%).
Use of milk, cream for body care consumers themselves estimated this year's significant participation in comparison with the previous year (47% of respondents).
2. Consumer preferences:
• First place in the ranking of the most popular brands of cosmetics for body care takes Loreal (42%).
• All respondents are satisfied with milk, cream body care products that they use.
• Most dissatisfied cosmetics for figure correction (34%), the most common drawback of this cosmetics - "means not meet the stated properties, the result of use not met expectations" (50%).
3. Purchase of cosmetic products for body care:
• Most respondents (56%) to buy cosmetics for body care in a supermarket network.
• The most common size of the purchase in terms of money - 500-1500 rubles (53%)
• Most often, consumers plan to purchase in advance, know that are sent to the point of sale for certain cosmetic products for body care (75%).
• The majority of consumers decide to buy cosmetics for body care on their own (81%).
• By making a purchase, most consumers prefer cosmetic product with natural ingredients (69%).
• The majority of respondents noted that the previously unused buy cosmetic, when they feel the need for new, more efficient means (63%).
4. Sources of information on cosmetic products for body care:
• The most popular source of information on cosmetic products for body care, credible - it tips acquaintances, friends and relatives (56%).
• Second place in the degree of trust occupied by the recommendations of cosmetologist (26%). At the same time, all who turn to the expert, trust him.
5. Portrait of the consumer:
• The typical image of cosmetic consumer body care: a young woman aged 20 -29 years of age (63%), single (49%), without children (62%).
• Education at the typical consumer - higher (82%), employment - private institutions (74%), the average monthly income of 15 000 - 30 000 rubles (72%).
• For the typical consumer is characterized by an active lifestyle.
About the Study
The study focused on the issues of consumption of resources for the care of the body. In the product category examined: lotion / cream for body care oil, body care, cosmetics, body shaping, cosmetics for massage. The target group was chosen as the female audience aged 20 to 44 years, with income per family member from USD 500 as representing the main segment of consumers means to care for the body. The study was conducted in Moscow among 500 consumers of cosmetic products for body care.
For more information about the study can be obtained by phone: (495) 660-82-20, firstname.lastname@example.org
Research company MAR Consult
MAR Consult company specializes in marketing research. MAR Consult carries out three activities: MAR Opinion (b2c) - market research consumer markets, MAR Industry (b2b) - marketing researches of the industrial markets, MAR ProPeople - HR-solutions for Russian and international companies. Geographical coverage includes all regions of Russia, CIS countries, such as Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and the Baltic countries. MAR Consult's clients are Western multinationals, as well as the leader among Russian companies.
MAR Consult - a member organization of ESOMAR and of the Swedish-Russian Business Club (SRBC). MAR Consult is the recommended partner of the German Chamber of Commerce in Russia for the Russian market.
Research company MAR Consult was founded in 2002, it is one of the fastest growing companies in the Russian market research.
For more information about the research company MAR Consult can be found on the website: www.marconsult.ru