Who of us does not know this expression? And yet in our country is often called burdock naive, gullible, simple man. But in fact there is no price mug!
Burdock, burr or -
Arctium Lappa L
- Biennial herbaceous plant of the Asteraceae family. Plant height can reach 180-200sm. At mug fleshy thick, spindle-shaped root subramose to 50-150sm long.
In the first year produced only broad basal leaves. In the second year it grows straight, ribbed, silnovetvisty stem, covered, as it were, a fluffy spiderweb. Broad ovate leaves on petioles, green top, bottom covered with gray felt. Numerous purple-crimson tubular flowers clustered in a globular baskets on the ends of the stems. Slightly convex receptacle densely covered with baskets of subulate bracts.
Blooms mug in July - August. Fruits - brown achenes with pappus ripen in September and October. Burdock grows throughout Russia, as a weed on wastelands, suburbs roads and fields, gardens, near dwellings.
Burdock root contains: vitamin C, carotene, a large amount of inulin polysaccharide, protein, and essential fatty oil, protein and tannins, bitterness, palmitic and stearic acids, antitumor action alkaloid, mucus resin. Leaves discovered vitamin C, carotene, rutin, essential oils, mucus, tannins. The seeds - fatty oil, pectins, saponins, coumarins, malic and citric acid glycoside.
The roots of the first year for medical purposes dug in September - October. The roots of the second year for the preparation of drugs no good.
In medical applications
mug used since ancient times. About mentions it in his writings, Dioscorides. It is known that preparations of burdock trained physician Alexander Nevsky.
- Alkaloids of burdock have a strong antitumor influence, and young leaves with antibacterial properties.
A decoction of the roots of burdock
in folk medicine used as a diuretic and diaphoretic. Apply for colds, fever, gout, rheumatism, diabetes, gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcers, gallstones and urolithiasis. A decoction of the roots drink in oncology, sexually transmitted diseases, delayed menstruation. 2 tbsp. spoons make 2 cups boiling water, leave for 30 minutes, drain, take ½ cup or 1 cup 4 times a day before meals. Externally a decoction is used for hemorrhoids, herpes, swelling, diathesis.
- Fresh crushed leaves applied to wounds, cuts, ulcers, ulcers.
use an infusion of burdock root and oil.
- If acne and inflammation of the skin do
lotions and compresses
from broth. 1 tbsp. spoon crushed roots pour 1 cup boiling water. Insist half an hour, filter, impregnated terry cloth and put on face for 15-20 minutes. Wash is not necessary.
- If your hair, oily seborrhea head 2 times a week after washing rinsed
infusion of burdock
. 2 tbsp. spoon burdock root pour 1 liter of water, press 1 hour, drain and rinse hair.
- When the weak-stained hair, to the best of their growth is a
20 c. crushed roots to brew 1 cup of boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes, insist 40 minutes, drain and rub into the hair roots daily. Better at night.
An ointment that promotes hair growth.
First, prepare the broth. 2st. spoon crushed roots pour a glass of boiling water, cook over low heat until half the liquid evaporate. Add domestic pork fat, cover and put in the oven to cool for several hours. Then drain the excess fluid and shift in the ointment jar. Rub into the hair roots before each by hook.
In many countries, such as Japan burdock is grown,
like garden plants
- Young roots are edible raw, boiled, baked as they put in the soup instead of potato.
- Young leaves and stalks boiled and added to salads, soups, broths.
- Roots and deep fried in a skillet use as a coffee substitute.
- And from burdock roots, even cook a tasty jam with the addition of citric acid and sorrel.