Pilates - a set of exercises that Joseph Pilates invented in 1920. Initially, the program was designed for the rehabilitation of people who suffered during the war. Now is a great way to increase your level of physical fitness.
Pilates includes six principles: concentration, breathing, control, precision, smoothness and availability goals. This technique puts quality above quantity. Here you will find a large number of approaches.
This system of training is of two kinds: Fitness Pilates and Pilates for rehabilitation. The first type aims at improving muscle tone and is very common type of classes in fitness clubs. The second aims to teach a person to control their muscles, as well as enable to understand how his body.
The advantage of Pilates
- Pilates - a set of exercises for the whole body. And balanced. He does not train any one part of the body, as directed on development of endurance of the whole organism.
- Suitable for people with different backgrounds.
- It develops strength and endurance without strain, and excessive pumping muscles.
- It increases flexibility. Catching up on Pilates system, you not only develop endurance, but also increases the elasticity of your muscles.
- It improves posture. All thanks to the fact that the exercises aimed at developing strength and flexibility of the spine and the formation of a muscular corset around him.
- It makes you more energetic.
- It helps to lose weight and shape the body beautiful terrain.
- To create a balance between mind and body.
If you want to improve your physical fitness, to make your body more flexible, while Pilates will suit you. There are two forms of training on this system: on the mat and on the simulator. Since the home is problematic to establish such a simulator, then we will look at those exercises that you can do on the mat.
Basic Pilates exercises
This set of five exercises designed to introduce beginners to the Pilates system. You can use it to start a workout. Attack?
Exercise 1. Neutral position.
It is performed to find the optimum position for further exercises. Technique:
- Lie on your back, arms down along the body. The legs bend at the knees and put your feet on the floor.
- On the exhale, press your lower back to the floor.
- On the inhale Hold this position.
- On the exhale vygnete bit back, so that between the floor and your back arch formed. On the inhale Hold position.
Exercise 2. nod.
Perfectly stretch the neck and upper back muscles. Starting position as in exercise 1. Inhale and pull your chin to your chest so that you feel tension in your neck. On the exhale, return to the starting position. On the inhale gently tilt his head back. On the exhale, return to the starting position.
Exercise 3. Hands behind your head.
Well-paced mobility of the shoulder joint. Starting position as in exercise 1. Raise straight arms so that the tips of his fingers looked at the ceiling. Palms facing each other. On the exhale, lower your arms behind your head. As you inhale, lift your hands. On the exhale, return to starting position. During the exercise, take care that your abdominal muscles are tense.
Exercise 4. "Angel Wings".
Increases the mobility of the shoulder joint, it strengthens the muscles of the arms. Starting position as in exercise 1. On the inhale, lift your hands in front of him and lower his head, exhale apart. It's like waving wings. Keep your abdominal muscles have been stretched, and the edges are in the same position. The shoulders should not be lifted by hand.
Exercise 5. "Clock".
To perform this exercise. Take the starting position. Imagine that you watch on your stomach. 12 is located above the navel, three on his left, at the bottom of 6 and 9 on the right. Using the abdominal muscles, hips move first at the number 3, then 6, then 9, and 12. It will turn out that you describe a small circle. You do not have to do an exercise with a large amplitude. Deviation from the center should be minimal.
Exercise 6. The rise of the knees.
It is important to remember that doing exercise can not violate the neutral position. It is well developed muscles that we use to walk, sit and rise. Technique is as follows: Take the starting position as in Exercise 1. Then inhale lift your knee, using your abdominal muscles. On the exhale, return the leg to the floor. Make sure that your thighs do not change their position. All the time, use your abdominal muscles.
This is just basic exercises of Pilates. In fact, more of them and they are directed to the development of endurance and specific muscle groups. Before you read the more complex exercises need to master these.