Very often we get used to what is always there and does not think that many familiar childhood things can be of great benefit to our beauty and health. For example, bay leaf, in common parlance - Lavrushka.
In fact, the tree, which grow these leaves is called -
In Greek mythology the nymph Daphne turned into the laurel to escape from the passionate aspirations of Apollo. God is saddened decorated a wreath of laurel branches of his head and lyre.
In ancient Greece and ancient Rome, a wreath of laurel considered a symbol of victory and glory, they were awarded the winners and poets. This custom altered somewhat, and now the winners of various competitions called the winners, that is crowned with laurels.
- Subtropical, evergreen tree, rarely shrub of the family laurel. Laurel tree reaches a height of 10-15 meters. Cora had a smooth, brown, leafless shoots, crown leafy, pyramidal. The leaves are large, leathery, dark green above and paler below, have the shape of the ellipse. Yellow, small flowers clustered in racemes numerous - Umbrellas and located mainly at the ends of branches in the axils of the leaves on the 1-2-3 pieces. Laurel blooms in April - May. Fruits - dark blue, juicy, flavorful drupes elliptic or ovate, with a large bone, mature in October-November.
Laurel Homeland - the Mediterranean. He is now grows in the Caucasus, the Balkans, Asia Minor, and in some countries on the coast, in mountain ravines, forests in the valleys. In Russia - Krasnodar Territory, in the Crimea. In the CIS countries grows in Georgia and Azerbaijan.
Cultivated as essential oil, spice and ornamental plants. Grown indoors and winter gardens as a kadochnoe plant.
Laurel as a remedy
All parts of the plant contain essential oil bay. Laurus since ancient times been used as a medicinal plant.
- Hippocrates recommended the use laurel oil against tetanus, Galen used the same bay tree with urolithiasis.
- Later it was used for the prevention of cholera epidemics, outbreaks of malaria and dysentery.
- Drugs of laurel possess antimicrobial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, anticonvulsant, choleretic, antinevralgicheskim, astringent, tonic, sedative effect.
- Modern folk medicine assigns preparations of laurel: infections, colds, liver, gall bladder, painful and heavy periods, arthritis, arthritis, rheumatism, fatigue, depression, stroke, stomatitis, fungal skin diseases, muscle aches, neuralgia, nervous disorders .
- Laurel normalizes carbohydrate metabolism and lowers blood sugar.
Infusion of diabetes mellitus
10 bay leaves pour 2 cups boiling water in a thermos, press 1, 5:00. Strain. Take ½ cup 3 times a day.
- This also helps with the infusion osteochondrosis and spring weakness.
- Chopped fruit laurel is used for disorders of the nervous system.
A decoction of the leaves of laurel at heavy menstruation
5 laurel leaves Pour 1 cup of boiled water, 1 hour, drain. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day before meals.
- Sit-bath with a decoction laurel leaves take in diseases of the urinary bladder and uterus.
- Healers recommend that women with infertility to eat 20 grams. crushed root of laurel.
25 laurel leaves pour 2 cups boiling water and soak in the heat for 2 minutes, infuse 40-60 minutes. Strain and put into the refrigerator. Children give 1-2 drops of broth, adults 8-10 drops. In allergic rashes recommended to moisten the skin profusely this broth.
Laurel as a cosmetic
- Laurel is widely used in industrial perfumery. Its oil added to lotions, creams, soaps, shampoos, cleansers for the body, bath salts and colognes.
- Essential oil of laurel is useful for sensitive and damaged skin, as well as in fat, especially acne and boils.
- Broth of laurel toned hair and contribute to their growth, prevent the formation of dandruff.
- The home of cosmetology bay tree is used as an excellent Cleansing, toning and rejuvenating tool that helps to smooth out fine lines on the face, neck and décolleté.
Toning Lotion for face and neck
25 laurel leaves pour ½ cup water, bring to a boil, boil for 5 minutes, leave for 4 hours. Strain. Wipe it with lotion face, neck and neck morning and evening. This lotion lightens as freckles and age spots. For oily skin lotion to add 1 dessert spoon of vodka.
Broth bay leaf for oily skin
2 bay leaves Pour 1/3 cup of water, let cool, drain and wipe his face.
If you do it in the morning and evening daily, the pores narrowed disappear shine, the skin becomes smooth and matte.
Pour 2 sheets of laurel ¼ cup vegetable oil press, 7 days a cool dark place. Use for rubbing in the dry skin of the face and hands to give them flexibility, softness and disposal of wrinkles.
- Broth laurel hair rinse to get rid of dandruff. Brewed bay leaf pack with 1 liter of boiling water, insist 1-2 hours, strain and rinse hair. It is advisable not pressing them strongly and let it dry naturally.