"Roses krasoyu his brilliance and lilies can not
no odor, no property dispute with fragrant violets. "
(Odo of Mena in his poem "On the properties of herbs» XI century)
In the middle and at the end of May on a warm sun you can feel the edges of the finest intoxicating aroma, and with downcast eyes, and see little purple flowers. This is a wild forest violets.
Their dizzying scent of long ago used perfumers to create the most expensive perfume. These modest flowers, any woman can use to improve their health and beauty at home.
Violets were once the favorite flower and mascot Josephine, wife of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Violet scented -
- A perennial herb of the family violet. His species name violet, most likely received from the Latin word odor - the smell, for his pleasant pahuchest.
There is no actual violet stalk. From thick creeping rhizomes grow many rosette of basal leaves on stalks up to 10-15cm in height. The leaves are green, round, heart-less. The plant often is omitted from the stalks to the boxes of seeds.
The flowers have purple violets, purple, single appear in the axils of basal leaves. Very rarely white flowers. Each flower petals 5, lower lobe slightly wider than the rest, with a spur, looking down the side lobes. The flowers exude a pleasant aroma dizzy. Violet scented plant is self-pollinated. It flowers in April - May. Sometimes a bloom a second time in August.
Seeds ripen in June. The fruit is a greenish spherical box with small seeds. Seeds of violets spread the ants.
Violet perfectly reproduces vegetatively, that is, above-ground creeping stems, rooting at the nodes. Violet grows in the meadows and clearings of deciduous forests on almost the entire European part of Russia. She can often be found in parks, botanical gardens, along the roads.
Medicinal properties of leaves and flowers fragrant violets
It was known in ancient times.
- Violets Grass comprises: carotene, vitamin C, salicylic acid.
- Modern folk medicine uses preparations of fragrant violets as an expectorant, with nervous agitation, insomnia, metabolic disorders, rheumatism, gout, kidney stones and gallstones, with the fragility of blood vessels, reducing blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, headaches.
- In England, violet scented very effectively used in cancer of the larynx and tongue in cases where the operation can not be done.
Infusion of violets
A handful of violet leaf is placed in a bowl, pour 2 cups of boiling water, insist night, filtered and divided infusion into two equal parts. 1 glass of drink in small sips throughout the day, but because others are doing all night hot poultice on the neck. The course of treatment 3 months. They say the plague softens and fades.
- In India, violet is used as a diaphoretic and antipyretic.
- In the Caucasus, a decoction of the roots is used in heart disease and chronic fatigue.
When they angina rinse the throat. A decoction of the leaves take on coughing. A poultice of the broth is applied when abrasions, dermatitis, poorly healing wounds.
- The infusion of the flowers is drunk with the noise in the ears, headache, weakening of memory.
- Fresh juice from the flowers of violets take in convulsions, dizziness, pain in the heart.
violet treatment is possible only after consultation with a doctor or an experienced herbalist, because overdose can cause vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea.
Do not use violet in hepatitis and nephritis.
The flowers and leaves are used in cosmetology
Industrial way of getting them orris butter. At home, you can prepare a mask of violets
For oily skin
1 tbsp. spoon of dried violet petals pour ½ cup of boiling water, leave for 15 minutes, cool, strain, add potato starch so as to obtain a creamy paste. Apply on face for 10 minutes. Rinse with water at room temperature.
2 tbsp. violet spoon pour ½ cup of boiling milk, to insist 10 minutes, add 1 teaspoon of honey, stir gently, put the entire weight between layers of gauze and apply on face for 15 minutes. Wash with water at room temperature.
Infusion from violets cleansing and soothing the skin
1 tbsp. tablespoons dried flowers of violets pour 1 cup boiling water, leave for 15 minutes, cool. Wipe the face of the infusion in the morning and evening.