The ancient Greeks probably had a great imagination and a romantic view of the world than we are. They had a god of sleep and Morpheus - a winged deity, which the ancient Greeks and Romans depicted as a slender young man with small wings on the sides ....
In this modern age, oversaturated information and stress is often difficult to lure Morpheus ... And we suffer from insomnia, counting sheep, elephants, hippos ...
Statistics confirm that in the UK suffers from insomnia 25% of the population, in the US 30% and Russia 45%.
Causes of insomnia
It can be very different. For example, workaholism, when a person can not stop thinking about work. Or more physical and mental stress, stressful situation at work, increased anxiety, irritability, dissatisfaction with oneself and others ... lack of sleep is harmful, though none of it did not die.
What if torturing insomnia
? Swallow advertised sleeping pills? But they can be so tightly hooked that then do not get rid, especially since most of them produce daytime sleepiness, cheerless mood and other side effects. It is better to do without them, the more so if you want it is quite a force to any suffering.
- All the doctors in one voice told that walk before bedtime can be equated to a panacea.
- Do not get involved in alcohol before going to sleep, the afternoon is better to give up coffee, cola, strong tea.
- Do not overeat before going to bed. A cup of yogurt, light vegetable snack, for example, with a bow, which gives a strong and healthy sleep. And best of all a glass of warm milk with honey.
- Go to bed and wake up, doctors recommend at one and the same time.
- Decide once and for all, that the bed only for sleep and sex, in any case not to make his bed in the office. We all remember that Alexander Pushkin liked to work lying in bed, but after all, he suffered from insomnia, and even wrote poems about it.
- Experts recommend before going to bed to listen to relaxing, soothing music, or recording of noise of the waterfall, sea, rain, rustling branches.
- Someone lulls boring book ...
- And someone helps relax sex, give pleasure.
- Have a good sedative effect
. For example, bath with 1 cup of apple cider vinegar. Take a bath for 10-15 minutes. Water should not be over 38 degrees. After the bath - a contrast shower.
- If you do not want to take a bath, you can simply wash the feet with hot water. This bath will remove fatigue, calms the nervous system and as a consequence, improve sleep.
- There are many well-established
folk remedies to combat insomnia
1. Article 1. spoon hawthorn flowers brew 1 cup of boiling water and take 1-2 tbsp. spoon 4 times daily for 3-4 weeks. Or brew in a thermos overnight 2-3 tbsp. spoon hawthorn fruit and drink during the day as a tea.
2. Collection of herbs. 1 teaspoon herbs Leonurus, marjoram, thyme, valerian root mix, take 1 tbsp. spoon mixture pour 1 cup boiling water, leave to cool. Strain, take 1/3 cup 3 times a day for 20-30 minutes before eating. The course of 1-2 weeks.
3. 1 teaspoon of herb mugwort pour 1 cup boiling water incomplete (up kaёmki), insisting to cool, strain and take 1 tbsp. spoon 3-4 times a day.
4. Good effect gives the procedure inhaling alcohol tincture of valerian. Inhale need one time one or the other nostril. More than 2 times in a row for the evening to breathe is not recommended.
5. Our grandmothers insomnia rubbed oil in the occipital hole, rubbed with oil palms and heels, put on cotton socks legs.
6. Article 1. fennel seed spoon sugar and 1 cup of boiled water, 20-30 minutes, drain. Wet in the infusion of a small towel or piece of cloth and put him on the forehead.
7. Before the Revolution recommended nervous young ladies for the night to drink chamomile tea with honey.
8. You can buy in a drugstore Menovazin and wipe them neck before bedtime. This simple procedure contributes to the rapid fall asleep.
More ancient beauties was known that the beauty of women comes in the night, so go to bed before midnight, sleep well and good.