On October 7 Thecla zarevnitsu notice how many acorns on the oaks - if a lot, to the warm winter and fertile summer. When you look at the oak grove or on a separate oak, the soul becomes quiet on the greatness and stability of handsome wood. Oak has always been a symbol of permanence, strength, power and protection.
According to the legends of ancient Slavs, the oak - tree thunder god Perun. Without the permission of the Magi no one had the right to cut down the oak, injure and ruin it, breaking branches. Once our ancestors is under an oak discussed all important matters and take vital decisions.
The centuries-old oak trees in our time are the monuments of nature and protected. This Pushkin oaks and oaks Kochubeevyh Dikanka ...
English oak or common oak -
Quercus robur L.
- Deciduous tree with a strong spreading crown of the beech family. The tree reaches a height of 40 meters, has a trunk diameter of up to 2-2, 5 meters. The bark of young twigs olive-brown or reddish-brown, shiny, smooth, and then it becomes a silvery-gray color with age begins to crack.
Shiny green leaves, paler colored bottom, to 8-15sm long have oblong-obovate, toothed. The inflorescence in the form of earrings are formed in the leaf axils during their blooming. The flowers are small, inconspicuous, sitting on long stalks. Oak Blossoms in May. Begin oaks bloom from 30-40 years of age.
Fruit - acorn oval, brownish-yellow or brownish color, a length of 1, 5-3, 5 cm, with a hat-cup top with a blunt pubescent scales. The fruits ripen in September - early October. Oak lives to 400-500 years, some trees live up to 1000-1500 years, reaching 4 meters in diameter.
Oak ordinary common in middle and southern strip of the European part of Russia, the Caucasus, in the Crimea. It grows to form a pure oak forests or mixed coniferous-deciduous and deciduous forests, but the ravines, gullies, forest belts, in parks and gardens.
In medical applications
use the smooth bark of young branches and young stems.
- Oak bark contains: tannins, gallic and ellagic acid, pentosans, pectin, quercetin and sugar flobafen, catechol tannins, carbohydrates, starch, resin ...
- The acorns found: tannins, fatty oil, sugar.
- Preparations from oak bark astringent, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Traditional medicine uses decoctions from the bark for diarrhea, stomach and intestinal bleeding, ulcerative colitis, enterocolitis, dysentery,
- In chronic tonsillitis, stomatitis, pharyngitis, gingivitis, inflammation of the mouth, larynx and pharynx decoction is used as a rinse.
- In case of burns, non-healing wounds, ulcers, ulcers and hemorrhoids in the form of lotions.
. 1 tbsp. a spoonful of shredded bark pour 1 cup boiling water and boil in an enamel pan in water bath 10 minutes, leave for half an hour, drain.
Self-drink teas oak should not be. Excessive use of broth oak interior can cause vomiting.
Oak is used
in folk cosmetics
since time immemorial.
When excessive sweating of the hands
1 tbsp. a spoonful of shredded oak bark pour 1 cup of milk and cook for about half an hour, strain, pour water and do baths for hands every day until it disappears sweating.
- A decoction of oak and mask tightens the skin, smooth wrinkles, regenerate and tone up tired skin, restoring elasticity and delaying aging.
The infusion of oak bark
rub sluggish, wrinkled skin.
1 teaspoon chopped oak bark pour 1 cup boiling water, to insist 2 hours, drain. Wipe the skin instead of washing in the morning and evening. Do not rinse.
The mask gives the skin a smooth and silky
2 tbsp. tablespoons of broth oak bark mixed with rice flour to the consistency of thick cream. Add 1 teaspoon of cream. Apply on face for 15 minutes, rinse with boiled water at room temperature.
For oily skin.
1 tbsp. a spoonful of chopped dry oak bark pour 1stakanom boiling water and simmer 40minut, cool, strain, add ¼ cup of vodka and 1 tbsp. spoon grapefruit juice. Wipe greasy skin before bedtime.
For oily hair rinse
and getting rid of dandruff.
2 tbsp. tablespoons chopped oak bark pour 1 liter of boiling water and boil for 20 minutes, cool, drain, rinse hair 2-3 times a week to achieve the desired effect. Usually the course lasts 3-4 weeks.
The ancient Greeks believed the first oak tree bread tree. The Slavs of baked acorn flour pancakes, muffins, biscuits, various cookies. Oak leaves and is now used as a seasoning in pickling cucumbers and tomatoes to preserve their hardness.
Tannins derived from old oak bark, used for the manufacture of high-grade leather. Now it is added in the manufacture of linoleum and insulation materials. Oak wood is used in construction and furniture industries.
In the old days, when there were no forecasts, our ancestors looked at the oak grove - before frost as if they are lighter, and before the thaw - darken.
Mages are advised to invest oak leaf under the insole husband for career growth and receiving a raise.