It's hard to name a migraine pleasant thing, besides it occurs, usually at the most inopportune moments, and makes a man absolutely helpless. Mention of periodic headaches, migraine-like symptoms, preserved on clay tablets of the Sumerians, who lived in Mesopotamia more than 5,000 years ago.
Descriptions of migraine attacks, compared with the flash of lightning is in the Babylonian literature related to the IX-VI centuries BC. e. In the Ebers Papyrus describes the disease half of the head, accompanied by vomiting and malaise.
- The pain of migraine actually cover half of the head, left for right-handers, right for left-handed, and often they are unbearable.
- Before a migraine attack usually comes fatigue, sensitivity to smells, sounds, nausea, dizziness, flashing before his eyes.
- According to the doctors, most often cause migraine circulatory disorders of the brain, when the narrowing of blood vessels causes a lack of oxygen and pain, but then when the blood vessels dilate again, there is no relief, and an increase in pain.
- Most migraine occurs in young people, both women and men, but women are still more likely to suffer from migraines.
- Migraine can cause stress, inability to control his emotions flickering TV, alcohol, caffeine, sweets ...
How to help
Ideally, of course, consult your doctor. But medical advice about the treatment of migraine have not changed since the days of Hippocrates:
- We need to get enough sleep, eat right, get rid of bad habits and more walk in the fresh air. Aretha, who lived in the II century, wrote: "Long walks on flat paths without convolutions in well-ventilated locations under the myrtle trees and laurels ... a good idea to make a trip ... to strengthen the exercise so that they cause sweat and warm ... educate thin without irritability temper. " Myrtles and laurels we have, as you know, do not grow, but I think it will suit the usual parks lindens, birches, oaks and maples.
- Closer to our time Peters recommended in 1853: "Compulsory tonic lifestyle, diet and exercise. Those who helps her sedentary habits, significant mental stress and lack of sleep, should be corrected ... to avoid excessive worries and difficulties associated with the all-consuming cares ... refrain from drinking black tea and coffee. Often useful aids are shower and salt baths or on the coast, or at home ... follow the regular work of the intestines ... As much as possible to monitor the welfare functions of the stomach and the liver ... and with special attention for the function of the uterus in the menstrual periods. .. Those who will indulge in unnecessary waste of forces pleasures affairs, grief or gluttony, will have to stay at their headaches. "
- In the Middle Ages tried to treat migraine tincture of opium. I think this is not a good idea ...
It offers a variety of recipes to get rid of migraines and someone can help one recipe to someone else:
Mix 1 tbsp. spoon of peppermint leaves, lemon balm herbs and chopped coriander fruits. Pour ½ cup of mixture of 90% alcohol, insist night, drain, add 20 ml of water, soak the cloth and the resulting solution applied to the back of the head and temples. The infusion stored in the refrigerator.
Take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of lemon balm, oregano, dried berries Viburnum, brew in a thermos with 1 liter of boiled water, in a thermos for 1 hour. Take ½ cup, add honey, several times a day between meals.
1 tbsp. a spoonful of chopped dry leaves of the watch is a triple brew 1 cup of boiling water and insist 2 hours in a thermos. Take 1/3 cup 3 times a day for half an hour before meals. The course of treatment - 1 week every month of the year.
Brew in a thermos handful of dogwood fruits 1 liter of boiling water, leave for 1 hour. Drink as a tea in between meals.
Break a fresh egg, pour into a cup, pour boiling milk, stir quickly and drink. The course of treatment 1-2 weeks.
Take ½ cup of fresh potato juice 3 times a day for half an hour before meals.
Boil 1 cup boiling water 1 tbsp. a spoonful of chopped dry linden blossom, insist 15 minutes, cool to warm, add 1 teaspoon of honey and drink before bedtime.
Mix 1 teaspoon peppermint leaves, herbs, oregano and fireweed, pour 2 cups boiling water and infuse it in a thermos for 1 hour. Strain, take ½ cup 4 times a day for 30 minutes before eating.
- When severe headache is recommended to apply to the forehead and temples leaf cabbage.
- Some of the pain recedes, if you eat half the salt herring.