Many wonder how Victoria, the mother of four children, manage to stay so slim. It turns out the whole thing in an alkaline diet. Learn more about this diet, because the alkaline diet promises to be the most popular in 2013!
It is now known that the alkaline diet is not only sitting Victoria, but Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Aniston. Diet is not for nothing is predicted to be the most popular this year. After all, it is not so difficult to follow, for it is not necessary to be an actress from the A-list, and the diet assessed by nutritionists as a healthy and balanced.
Victoria Beckham admitted that he began to follow the alkaline diet book helped her Honestly Healthy Alkaline Programme of the two authors of Natasha Korret and Vicky Edson. Recipes from this edition of the Victoria happy to cook for themselves. The complexity of a diet that is mostly vegetarian diet program, so you should look for the right recipes to the menu was the most varied. But first things first.
What is the Alkaline Diet?
Our ancestors ate a completely different way than we eat today. It was minimally processed foods of plant and animal origin. But with the advent of technologies for processing and recycling of products were completely different components of our food. Ceased to be a whole grain, it carefully milled. The diet includes dairy products in large quantities. Increased intake of salt, sugar. Even the meat has undergone its changes, as livestock feed are now not only familiar to them herbs added to their food grains and other additives.
As a result, the progress of our food in general has become more acidic. That is, almost all the products that we consume, produce acid. This fish, meat, poultry, seafood, cheese, milk, and salt. Consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables declined. This caused concern among the founders of the diet. All the western diet is acidic in nature. What is so bad the acidity of food?
Our blood is slightly alkaline, its pH average between 7, 35 and 7, 45. The theory behind the alkaline diet, claims that our diet should reflect this pH level that is slightly alkaline to be. Proponents of alkaline diets believe that a diet high in acidic foods violates the overall balance and promotes the loss of important minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, since due to their body tries to make up for the balance. It is an acid-base imbalance leads to many disease - believe the creators of the diet.
The acidity is bad?
Going modern humans to acid nutrition has become the cause of many chronic diseases. And alkaline food helps to cope with the following diseases and ailments:
- Lack of energy;
- Excessive amounts of mucus;
- nasal congestion;
- Frequent colds, the flu;
- Anxiety, nervousness, irritability;
- Ovarian cysts, polycystic ovary syndrome, benign cysts in the breast;
There is also evidence that an alkaline diet can prevent the formation of calcium kidney stones, osteoporosis, muscle atrophy age.
In the diet there are opponents. Their main argument - the failure of clinical trials.
As with any diet, we also have an alkaline caution. Firstly, it is advisable to consult a professional before you decide to follow this plan to start feeding. Secondly, nutritionists insist that there is a group of people who are exactly the alkaline diet is contraindicated. It is suffering from acute or chronic renal insufficiency and people with heart disease.
How to start?
Try alkaline diet can not only those who are committed to losing weight. If you experience drowsiness, are not satisfied with their health, the health purposes, this diet also helps.
The principles of the alkaline diet:
- Eat a mostly vegetarian diet, it is most of all alkaline foods.
- Choose whole-grain foods, they slow down the release of glucose, which helps to balance blood sugar levels throughout the day.
- Some products, sour taste - are not acidic. For example, lemon, lime, grapefruit - is alkaline products.
- Coffee and Cola are among the most acidic foods. Most alkaline - it is vegetables and fruit, including dates, figs, grapefruit, lemon, lime, fennel, broccoli, artichokes, asparagus, beets, cabbage, spinach, watercress, cauliflower.
- Usually alkaline foods - those that contain a lot of vitamins and water, this moisture is better absorbed than regular bottled water. Eating alkaline foods, you moisturize your body.
- Follow the 80/20 rule where 80% - a vegetarian food, and 20% - a protein.
The results of the alkaline diet
In principle, just look at Victoria Beckham, to understand that the results will have an alkaline diet. Mother of many children and biznesvuman living in two countries (UK and US), full of energy and always looks great, is not it? And if you decide on an alkaline diet, you can expect:
- Improve digestion, reduce flatulence and bloating;
- Improve skin tone (in the seeds, nuts, fatty acids);
- Improve memory and concentration (because blood sugar is almost hesitates);
- Improve mood and even happiness (whole grains increase the level of serotonin, a hormone of happiness);
- Increase energy;
- Reducing the craving for sugar, alcohol, coffee and other stimulants.
List of products
Here's a hint, what products you will need and what is not needed in the diet.
• lemon, lime and grapefruit
• Dates, figs and apricots
• Tomatoes, apples, pears, mango, papaya and avocado
• watercress, dill, asparagus, celery, cauliflower
• Onions, garlic, ginger (fresh) and beetroot
• seaweed, spinach, arugula, parsley and cilantro
• sunflower seeds, pumpkin and sesame oil are
• Almonds, walnuts and pecans
• quinoa, millet, buckwheat, oats and brown rice
• Almond milk, brown rice
• coconut pulp and coconut water
• Red meat, including pork and game
• Processed breakfast cereal (low in nutrients, high in sugar and salt)
• biscuits, pies and breads (high yeast, wheat flour, salt, sugar and additives)
• cola, diet cola and alcohol
• Tea, coffee, chocolate (especially milk chocolate with high sugar content)