In the cold autumn and winter days are especially nice to come back home to the warmth and comfort of our apartments. Sometimes we are simply needed some means to keep warm and cheer. There are a lot of different ways. One such I want to tell you today.
What you have associations with the word
? My imagination immediately draws a fireplace, decorated with fir branches, where fun crackling fire, a rocking chair in front of him and a glass in his hand with a blazing hot, extremely tasty drink ...
Did you know that the mulled wine is not only pleasant to the taste, but also very good for your health?
It is recommended for colds, physical and mental fatigue, cough and fever, depression and insomnia. Some scientists believe that mulled wine helps in the fight against colds and flu, as a strong preventative tool, it helps to strengthen the immune system perfectly.
Moreover, this beverage also has antibacterial properties, recommended because recovery after infectious diseases.
Composition mulled wine
Traditionally, the basis taken mulled wine red or white wine. Of course, you can use semi-dry and semi-sweet. However, the true connoisseurs of mulled wine argue that the best option - it is a dry wine, as sweet drink is given by the other components.
Honey and sugar
. It is recommended that they be added to the already hot wine, as cold is much more difficult to calculate the dosage, and the result can turn pereslaschennym mulled wine. Honey is more useful, it adds the drink its healing properties and well warms. Interesting combination of wine with sugar cane and vanilla.
. The most commonly used citrus fruits, apples, peaches and apricots. Various recipes are added and exotic fruits: bananas, kiwi, pineapple. In addition, in the mulled wine often includes juices, apple, orange, lemon, etc. Perhaps a slight addition of dried fruit (raisins, prunes, dried apricots) and berries (cranberries, black currants and blueberries).
Condiments and spices
for mulled wine is best not to take ground, as dissolving, they can create a cloudy film and spoil the taste of the drink. The most commonly used spices.
. It helps fight colds, has anti-microbial effect, removes toxins, reduces blood sugar levels, cholesterol and fat. Its flavor is well activates the brain. It is best to use cinnamon sticks.
. Warms and soothes, creates immunity. Good help for dizziness, weakness and nausea.
. Improves blood circulation, stimulates the appetite, warms and activates the body's defenses.
. Treats cold, analgesic and facilitates breathing. It can be marinated lemon seasoning for preparation of mulled wine. Simply plug it clove buds and leave for about an hour. Then, when cooked lemon dip into the wine.
. A good antiseptic, helps to restore strength, cures stomach.
Soothes, improves the immune system, analgesic, tonic, normalizes digestion and removes toxins from the body. Moreover, aphrodisiac.
- To enhance the flavor and diversity can be added to the mulled wine to taste the following spices: bay leaf, coriander, anise, star anise, saffron, allspice, barberry, medicinal herbs (lemon balm, mint, St. John's wort, and others.).
Add them gradually, so as not to kill the taste of the wine. Good for mulled wine brandy, tequila, rum, vodka, liqueurs and port.
Tips for preparation mulled wine
- Do not allow to boil mulled wine. The heating temperature of wine should be not more than 70 ° C. It is best used for that purpose enamel pot. Heat the wine to the disappearance of the white foam on the surface.
- But the water, which is a part of mulled wine, you have to be sure to boil! Add the spices and boil for 5-7 minutes. Since most fully revealed bouquet of spices, the taste goes into the water.
- Pour boiled water into wine carefully on the edge of dishes, so as not to spoil the taste.
- You can heat the mulled wine for a long time over low heat.
- You can quickly bring a drink until the bubbles off and present.
- Add spices sparingly.
- You can use ready-made sets of spices for mulled wine.
- After warming mulled wine, strain through a strainer, pour and add to taste fruits and berries that are left when filtering.
- It is best to use tall glasses of thick glass. Available for special glasses of mulled wine.
- You can leave mulled wine ready to infuse for 40 minutes, and you can drink it right after cooking.
- You can keep the drink in a thermos, by he began to play with new flavors. Just be sure to remove it from a lemon, or mulled wine can start to taste bitter.
- It is recommended to use no more than two glasses of beverage a day.
- To mulled wine served cakes and biscuits, fruit and cheese.
And now a few recipes for mulled wines
Classic mulled wine
Add 1/3 cup water 6-7 pieces of cloves, a tablespoon of sugar, a bit of nutmeg, if desired, you can add other spices and a little bit, zest of lemon or orange, fruit. The resulting mixture should boil and cook on low heat. Well suited for this purpose Turk for coffee. Boiled water with spices leave to infuse 10 minutes Pour the wine (0, 75-1 liters) in a saucepan and put on fire. Carefully pour in the water, you can add a bit of spirits. Add another tablespoon of sugar. Heat until the first bubbles.
Mix in a saucepan 2 cups of strong coffee beans, 0, 75 l of red wine, 150 grams of sugar, 3 glasses of brandy and heat, without boiling. Drink hot.
Mulled white wine
Half a cup of water mixed with 2 buds of clove, 100g sugar, 3 cinnamon sticks, 1 orange (cut it into slices). Boil and strain. The resulting mixture pour 0, 75l dry white wine or apple, warm and drink hot.
Fruit mulled wine
300 ml of white or red wine mixed with 0, 5 liters of apple juice and zest of one lemon. Heat to 70 ° C. Strain and drink.
As you can see, a great many variants of mulled wine. Experiment, create, test! And let the cold night will turn into a holiday using the "glowing wine", because it is translated word "mulled wine" with the German language.