We have translated the sugar and sweets from the category of delicacies in the ordinary range of daily products. Enticing sweets have not we associate with the holidays. Wanted - bought - I ate. Who is now surprised vase jam or a handful of caramels in the tea table? No, we would like cakes, chocolates and bars, halva and marshmallow. Sweet "sodas" Coffee with the "condensed milk" sweet tea - you want, I want, I want!
We ourselves have turned into poison sugar, absorbing it in unlimited quantities. Hence - the procession of wide tread on our organisms of diseases such as diabetes, atherosclerosis, obesity. Moreover, the disease these "younger."
And no wonder that, accustomed from childhood to sweet foods, over the years, we are increasing the need for it. Our body adapts to our habits, rebuilt for recycling consumed frills, then brazenly already requires the necessary sweet carbohydrates. Doctors say: "Do you want to get well - change eating habits." Probably not for nothing do they say?
Nutritionists recommend replacing the usual sugar with honey, brown sugar is now fashionable, natural syrup and jam. "Horseradish is no sweeter than radish," and replace it - no salvation. Perhaps natural fructose and cleaved in the body easily, but almost as calories as sucrose, moreover, may be the cause of obesity. It blocks the production of insulin, which is essential for digestion, and it also stimulates hunger when the need for food is not an organism. This was proved by scientists from the University of Florida, USA. Glucose, which is necessarily present in these products is contained in the normal sugar. As such calorie sugar substitutes are superior.
What else can replace sugar? Ubiquitous scientists are actively looking for a worthy replacement for sugar, so that we can conduct a "sweet life", without exposing themselves to the risk of disorders of lipid and hormonal balance, and sweeteners are very popular and in demand all over the world.
Sweeteners are classified according to several criteria:
- Volumetric - similar in sweetness to sugar.
- Intensive - significantly higher than the level of sweetness of sugar.
- Calorie - you need to take them into account when drawing up calorie diets.
- Calorie-free - non-energy value.
- Natural - sweeteners from plants and from a variety of organic substances.
-Synthetic - Synthesized chemically.
The most common sweeteners:
- Sorbitol - is produced from residues saharoproizvodstva.
- Xylitol is obtained by hydrolysis of corn stalks and cotton waste.
- Maltitol - maltose hydrogenation product obtained from starch.
These are close substitutes to sugar in sweetness and slightly inferior to him in calories. They offer diabetic patients since they do not cause a sharp rise in blood glucose concentration. Overweight they can be used, but very dosed.
They have a negligible caloric value and are designed to meet the psychological cravings. They are intense sweeteners because their sweetness level several orders of magnitude higher than sucrose.
The first synthetic sweetener was saccharin, but a year after its invention (1879) doubt its safety. Now it is a matter of wide application not.
- Cyclamate. This group of scientists evaluated sweeteners is not unique and, although they are permitted in many countries, doctors recommend them carefully.
- Aspartame. It exceeds the level of sweetness of sucrose two hundred times and has no aftertaste. Aspartame has no effect on the insulin level in the blood and is shown as in obese and diabetic. It is considered a relatively harmless additive approved for use in more than one hundred countries. Sweeteners containing the composition of this substance is quite popular.
- Acesulfame K (otizon). This material is considered non-toxic, safe for tooth enamel quickly and completely eliminated from the body. Subject to reasonable doses is considered to be ideal for diabetics and overweight.
- Sucralose (splenda). This sweetener is widely used in the food industry. The composition of the tablets of this substance typically includes soda and fumaric acid, as regulators of taste. The additive is considered to be harmless.
- Neotame. At 20 times the level of sweetness of aspartame. In 1997, after summarizing the research results was entered in the list of friendly dining sweeteners in many countries.
Each of these alternatives has its pros and cons, so now there are sweeteners combined composition. Scientists believe that
synthetic sweeteners contribute to obesity
As sweet taste indicates receipt of sugars in the body, but with no carbohydrates do. Then there is the feeling of hunger, stomach requires that he "promised". therefore
better to combine with natural sugar sweeteners
. For example, in a cup of tea to put a couple of pills spoon of sugar and sweetener. When this is felt brighter sweetness and caloric content is not so high.
It should be understood that the sweeteners are only psychological function. They make it possible to comfortably deal with pounds without changing their habits. It is self-deception, a physiological need to use sweets we have. It's just a force of habit.