Assortment of means for hair care is now perhaps the most diverse. There are products for all hair types and for any problem. But often we forget about one of the important components of hair care - regular comb. Incidentally, a very large number of hair problems can be avoided by choosing a suitable comb and apply it correctly.
Different hairbrushes are designed for different purposes. Find out what you need a comb.
For drying - natural bristle brush
Natural bristles - the most gentle, so they can be used for all hair types. Stubble is able to redistribute the oil from the scalp to the entire length of the hair, giving the hair a healthy shine. Bristle comb gently pull the hair and smooth the cuticle, which is ideal for aggressive blow-drying.
Useful tips when choosing bristle brush:
- Stubble boar - a thick, hard, natural and environmentally healthy. However, a brush with natural bristles boar is much more expensive than synthetic.
- Pay attention to the basis of wood. Solid wood absorbs some of the heat and moisture during the drying process, it will not overdry hair to protect them from high temperatures.
- Placing the bristles is also important. Placed randomly or spiral is much more preferable than the arrangement of the bristles in neat rows. The more densely arranged bristles, the hair will be easier to extend and more erectile.
For volume or curling - magnesium combs
These types of combs are perfect for volume and curls. The heat warms the dryer base and magnesium helps to dry hair faster. The shorter the time, the effect of heat - the less damage you cause your hair, so magnesium brush suitable for even the most thin and damaged hair.
Useful tips when selecting magnesium combs:
- Best choice - heat-resistant magnesium brush with bristles placed in a spiral. These are professional stylists.
- Choose a quality product from a well-known brands. Good magnesium brush, you can safely leave in the hair for a few minutes, the hot roller will help to dry your hair quickly without damaging the hair.
For straightening - mixed bristle brushes
Of mixed bristle brush includes natural and synthetic bristles. Expensive option as a natural bristle used porcupine bristles. Mixed bristles rather mild in relation to the hair, it removes the static electricity. These brushes are suitable for any hair texture.
Useful tips when choosing a mixed bristle:
- Good and affordable option - the brushes of a mixed boar bristle and nylon. Boar bristle smoothes the hair and nylon hair pulling helps.
For thick and matted hair - brush synthetic bristle
Natural bristles are too soft to untangle the hair, especially thick. A synthetic firmer and help cope with the matted hair. However, blow-drying it is better to use a natural boar bristle, because it conducts heat better and reduces the heating of hair and leaves hair healthy shine.
Useful tips when choosing a synthetic bristle:
- Make sure when buying the bristles was flexible and supple, otherwise it will pull the hair and not to unravel them.
- Comb should slide gently through the hair without pulling them.
For wet hair - comb with wide teeth
Wet hair is more prone to breakage, so you should be very careful when handling them. Apply to wet hair a little leave-in conditioner while combing is easier and less destructive for the hair. In addition, leave-in conditioner removes static electricity.
Useful tips when choosing a comb:
- The smoother the surface of the comb, so it is less traumatic for the hair. Therefore plastic better than wood. Only if it is plastic, without chipping, and traces of the casting.
- If you choose a wooden comb with large teeth, it is best to pay attention to the combs, whose surface is well polished and has no burrs.
For therapeutic purposes - a copper comb
Brass comb designed for therapeutic purposes. This massage and treatment of dandruff. Copper balls on the ends of the hairbrush bristles gently massaged the scalp, and are also involved in the destruction of bacteria which cause dandruff and certain other skin diseases.
Useful tips when choosing a copper comb:
- Brass bristle tips should be done efficiently, have a polished smooth surface to avoid scratching the scalp. Otherwise the entire healing effect will be reduced to zero.
- The most effective combs, which covers not only the copper tips of the bristles, the entire bristle but then the hair will remain healthy throughout. However, such models are more expensive combs.
Bonus tips for combing hair
- Dry the hair to 80% naturally in air, and only thereafter proceed to the blow-drying. This will expose the less hair combing and high temperatures.
- To hair is not destroyed, always start combing the ends, then comb the bottom half of the hair, and then along the entire length from root to tip.
- For owners of thick and wavy hair brushing can be done much less: for example, only after washing your hair. Thus, combing can occur 2-3 times a week. Liquid hair, on the other hand, require more frequent brushing, because soon go awry and lose their healthy appearance.