How often we read the advice of stylists "Go to a mild shampoo." It is important to keep the hair healthy and thick. But what specifically refers to this concept? How to choose a mild shampoo?
The word "soft" can mean very different things to different people. Someone says that "mild shampoo" - is the one that does not irritate the skin. Some people prefer a certain softness as a product "without tears." There are opinions that "mild shampoo - a tool that softens the hair so well that after it does not need air conditioning," or soft - a product with a neutral pH. Really a lot of explanations. But what is meant by this term experts?
Soft - so safe
All of the above presentation, to some extent correct. Soft shampoo is really annoying and softens. But there are specific signs, which include shampoo into the category of "soft".
In soft shampoos should not contain the following ingredients:
- Flavors, fragrances (these ingredients lead to irritation and dryness);
- Preservatives such as parabens and phthalates;
- Surfactants such as sodium lauryl and laureth (lauryl sulfate, Laureth sulfate).
Surfactants (surface active agents) are needed to increase pennost shampoo. Note surfactants such as sodium lauryl sulfate and laureth sulfate. If they are present, they must be on the list of ingredients as close as possible to the end (which means that they are contained in small amounts), if any, has been absent, then the shampoo can be classified as "soft".
The foam gives a pleasant sensation, and many like it. But there is a misconception that it is a large foam is a good cleansing. Shampoo foam does not need to start working. In addition, there are milder surfactants. If you know how to read the labels of products, here is a list of soft surfactants:
- Non-ionic (nonionic): sorbitan esters (sorbitol esters) - any substance named tween (e.g., tween-20, tween-80), and esters poligritserila (polyglyceryl ether).
- Amphoteric (amphoteric): betaines (betaines), alkyl imidazoline (alkyl imidazoline), alkyl amino acids (alkyl amino acids).
Action soft surfactants more delicately, but for normal to oily hair, these surfactants may be completely ineffective in cleansing.
Another sign which indicates the softness shampoo - neutral pH. If this is specified by the manufacturer, this indicator could be a good addition to the above signs of mild shampoo.
Who needs a mild shampoo?
In general, it is desirable that a mild shampoo was every woman. It may need to rest, in the first week after hair dyeing in some other circumstances. But there are those of us for whom this product is a means of must-have.
- Firstly, it is everyone who suffers a very sensitive scalp. This may indicate itching and other allergic reactions after the usual shampoo. Soft Shampoo does not contain skin-irritating ingredients, so not harmful to sensitive skin.
- The second category of women who need only a mild shampoo, are the ones who suffer from very low levels of self-production of sebum and oils. And simply put, a woman with a very dry scalp. And most of all, people with dry skin all over the body.
- Third, a mild shampoo to show people with any disease of the scalp (seborrhea, psoriasis, eczema, etc.) Or with temporary injuries of the scalp (eg, sunburn).
If your hair is normal or oily and dense and thick, soft shampoo often can not cope with the task of thorough cleaning. There is also the view that if the hair is not exposed to the harmful effects of the environment, something about a mild shampoo can also forget.
My new mild shampoo
If you want to try a mild shampoo on your hair, then you have several options:
1) Use baby shampoo.
Absolutely all the funds for the children's care - is soft money without sulfates, parabens, fragrances and dyes.
2) Buy a finished product.
Usually mild shampoo brands produce organic and environmentally friendly cosmetics. Also, shampoos for dry hair in the mass - it means a soft, as they have no hard surfactants and perfumes.
3) Make a gentle shampoo.
The method first, and most simple: dilute ordinary shampoo with water (1: 1), it will make the concentration of harmful substances less intense. The second method is to make a new gentle shampoo on the basis of the children's or herbal, adding the right essential oil (for example, rosemary oil stimulates hair growth and strengthens the roots, eucalyptus oil helps remove flakes of dandruff, lavender oil calms and purifies the oil of grapefruit or peppermint invigorates, and rose oil and orange flavor improves shampoo). Add 10 drops per 100 ml of product. A third method of preparing its mild shampoo for those who love home-made cosmetics. For this to be done on the basis of its composition Castilian liquid soap, water and essential oils.
The phrase "a mild shampoo" is now often used in the articles and recommendations, but, as we see, it is not a mass product. It helps only in certain cases.