Despite the fact that most of us have huge stocks of cosmetics, sponzhikom and brushes, we do not hurry with all their "wealth" part. And for good reason. There are things that are not allowed to keep for so long.
Do not think that we care for your shelf in the bathroom and a dressing table. No, they seem can withstand enormous amount vials and tubes. But survive if our skin is all that has accumulated in the beautician? Let's deal.
Cosmetics and brushes for a make-up can be a source of bacteria that provoke acne, irritation and severe skin problems. We know this, but somehow I sometimes forget. It's a pity to throw away a beautiful shade of khaki, which are so suited to the eyes. "I do not find those! "- Lamenting ... we leave for another half-year box shadows, expired two months ago.
How do I know that the shelf life expired?
If the marking has worn off, it does not mean that you will not notice that the product is spoiled. You remember how the product was when you bought it? Answer simple questions: "Has the smell? "" Does the color change? "" Has the consistency? ". If at least one of these questions you answer yes, then the product's time in the trash, not the person.
The fastest way to a concern foods to which you touch with your fingers, or coming in contact with the skin directly. This tonal means (concealer, foundation), if you apply their hands lipstick. All that has applicators are also at risk. Especially if these applicators are stored along with the product (lip gloss and mascara). Brush mascara is inserted into the bottle gently to avoid pumping the air, it only increases the growth of bacteria, instead, how would tighten the brush into the bottle.
Basic shelf life of various means of cosmetics.
Based on data from a variety of sites, as well as on personal experience.
Powder - 24 months.
Tonal basis - 24 months (if the oil-based, then 12-18 months).
Concealer - 24 months. (if you touch your fingers, then 12 months.)
Liquid Concealer - 6 months.
Liquid Eyeliner - 6 months.
Eyeliner - 18 months. (maybe a little longer, if you regularly grind)
Mascara - 6 months. (in practice, no more than 3 months).
Lip Gloss - 24 months. (in practice, 12 months).
Lipstick - 18 months. (in practice, 12 months).
Lip Liner - 12 months. (maybe a little longer, if you regularly grind)
Nail polish - 12 months.
Skin Care (creams, serums, gels) - 12 months.
Do not give other makeup products. Do not store cosmetics in the sun, leaving the car. Heat - a quick way to multiply bacteria. It is best to switch to products with a dispenser cans are most susceptible to the spread of germs with them better to deal only at home.
- Always wash your hands before you begin to apply makeup, especially if you use your fingers instead of brushes.
- Only clean hands should not only apply makeup, hygiene measures and deal with sunscreens and day creams and night serums.
- Make sure not only shelf life of cosmetics, but also a symbol that indicates how long the product will not deteriorate after opening. This symbol is often applied to the bottom of the label. The figure indicates the number of months (12 m - 12 months, 18m - 18 months, etc.).
- Regularly wash sponges, sponges and brushes for make-up. No they do not give he borrowed.
How often to wash hands?
Every 2 weeks. It is better to wash with water with children's soap. You can use special wipes. Some brands, such as the MAC, Sephora, Bobbi Brown, releasing such wipes impregnated with detergents and disinfectants. These wipes can be cleaned with a brush at least daily.
Regular washing of hands will help preserve not only the health of the skin. This will serve as a longer brush. Good quality brushes can serve up to 10 years!
Brushes for eye shadow can be washed once a month, if you take it a rule to clean them every time you go to a new hue.
The most difficult to clean the brushes for gloss and lipstick, as these products contain oils and waxes. In this case, you need to use a detergent oil-based.
Brief instructions on how to wash your brush:
1. Hold the brush under warm water. Try to keep the water from falling on the metal tip, especially where it comes into contact with the handle, because it would weaken the fixation tip brush will fail.
2. Squeeze on the palm of baby shampoo or baby liquid soap the size of a pea. You can also use any mild shampoo. Carefully move a soapy brush on hand. Proceed gently, so as not to break the brush bristles.
3. Rinse the brush in water. Again, be careful to only washed bristles rather than a wooden handle. While the water will not drain net.
4. Dry brush soaked in a towel or napkin. Push is not much! It is better to give the brush a flat shape and leave to dry in a glass in upright position.