King of France called vegetable spinach. Not only in France but also in many other countries in Western Europe, the USA and Japan, spinach is one of the most popular and valuable vegetables.
In Russia, unfortunately, spinach is not as popular. Although Russia spinach known since the days of Anna Ivanovna, however, while they only know varnish.
Did you know that only 250-300 grams. spinach a day helps the muscles to reduce oxygen consumption by 5%, which allows athletes and people of physical labor is easier to cope with stress.
Spinach vegetable garden -
Spinacia oleraceae L.
- An annual herbaceous plant of the family Chenopodiaceae. At the core of spinach stem, and the bulk of the roots located in the upper soil layers. Bottom leaves are round or oval collected in the outlet. The floral branched stalk reaches a height of 40 to 110 cm.
Small greenish flowers are collected in spicate-paniculate inflorescence. Spinach Flowering in June-August. Spinach - a cross-pollinating plant is dioecious. Fruit - nut brown-gray oval welded together into a ball.
Wild spinach growing in the Ukraine, the Caucasus, in Central Asia. It is cultivated as a vegetable and medicinal plant in almost all countries of the world.
For medicinal and cosmetic purposes
leaves, stems and flowers of spinach are harvested from May to August
- Grass spinach contains vitamins - B3, B6, PP, P, D, K, H, E, C, fats, proteins, extractives, carbohydrates (sucrose, glucose, fructose), saponins, carotenoids, organic acids, flavonoids, Mineral salts - iodine, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium ...
- Spinach is a product of diet helps lose weight.
- For therapeutic purposes, use decoctions, infusions, young spinach leaves in boiled or fresh.
- Preparations spinach have anti-inflammatory, antiscorbutic, diuretic, carminative properties. These increases peristalsis and excites the activity of digestive glands, so the French call spinach broom for the stomach.
- Traditional medicine uses spinach anemia, hypertension, tuberculosis, diseases of the nervous system, diabetes, enterocolitis, gastritis, for the prevention of periodontal disease, flatulence and constipation.
- Spinach used in dietary baby foods as improves growth in children.
- Spinach is useful for pupils, students and all people engaged in intellectual work, as you can easily handle large mental stress.
- In general, the spinach is good for people of all ages to maintain health, as well as recovering from a serious illness.
- Scientists say that spinach is an effective means of preventing cancer and adjuvant radiation sickness.
1 tbsp. a spoonful of fresh spinach grass pour 1 cup of hot water in an enamel saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Infuse for 1 hour, cool, strain, take ¼ cup 3-4 times a day.
Spinach can not be treated for kidney, liver, duodenum and gall bladder!
- Spinach is widely used in food, in his report to the borscht, soups, fried, stewed. In this capacity, he also has a therapeutic effect. While at cooking retains most of the valuable substances contained in spinach.
- In Europe, in XVI-XVII century baked bread from the flour produced from seeds spinach, which is very highly valued.
- Spinach used in the food industry for coloring cream, ice cream and sauces green.
It is used and
in the home of Cosmetology
Rejuvenating Mask spinach
50-80 c. spinach Pour the milk and boil in an enamel saucepan over low heat until soft. Should get a paste. Put it on a gauze and then on the face, neck and decollete. Rinse with chamomile tea or warm water after 15 minutes. Apply on face nourishing cream.
Mask nutritious spinach
100 gr. Rinse spinach, pour ½ cup of boiling water and boil until tender. Cool, add 1 teaspoon of honey and a spoonful of carrot juice 1chaynuyu. If you wish, you can add ½ teaspoon of olive oil. All mix and placing between layers of gauze put on face, neck and decollete. Rinse with tepid brew green tea. Five minutes later, wash with cool water and apply moisturizer.