It would seem that may be easier daisies? But in fact, chamomile is not as simple as it seems. About knew even in ancient times.
The scientific name of daisies -
, Comes from the word "mother" - the mother. This is explained by the fact that chamomile since ancient times treated small children.
But Daisy distributes its concern not only to the children. It helps to maintain the health and beauty of women.
The specific name chamomile is derived from two Greek words - the words "Hamai" - low, and "Mellon" - apple, which speak about the growth of plants and low odor reminiscent of apples.
- An annual herbaceous plant of the Asteraceae family. In chamomile silnovetvisty straight, bare stem to 40-45sm. in height. Green pinnately dissected threadlike leaves.
Flower baskets bulging with an empty receptacle. On this basis chamomile drug differs from other species of daisies. Chamomile flowers exude a pleasant fragrance. Tsvёtёt daisy from May to August.
The seeds begin to ripen in June. The fruits are small achenes chamomile to 2 mm in length.
The wild camomile is found in Siberia, in the foothills and forest-steppe zones of Altai, Kuznetsk Alatau, the Baltic States, is rare in Transbaikalia and Central Asia. Feral pharmacy chamomile is found in the desert, on vacant lots, in the meadows, fallow lands, kitchen gardens, orchards, near homes and along roadsides.
Chamomile is cultivated in many countries around the world, in Russia, it is also cultivated in plantations. Many gardeners grow it in their backyards.
As a medicinal plant
chamomile appreciated the doctors of ancient Greece and Rome. The medicinal and cosmetic purposes are used chamomile flower baskets without stems, which are collected at the beginning of flowering, when the marginal ligulate flowers in baskets are arranged horizontally.
- Hippocrates and Dioscorides used chamomile to cure a headache as a slight sedative, liver diseases, kidney, urinary bladder.
- Chamomile flower baskets comprise: vitamin C, carotene, nicotinic acid, bitterness, mucus, sugar, acacia, coumarins, glycosides, flavonoids, volatile oil.
- Preparations of chamomile have a disinfectant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, choleretic, diaphoretic, enveloping and emollient properties.
- It is used in disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, cramps, flatulence, inflammation.
- Preparations of chamomile dilates blood vessels of the brain, enhance and increase in breathing, increased heart rate.
- Chamomile has just a slight laxative properties.
- It is part of the stomach, sedative, carminative, emollient and other charges.
- A decoction of chamomile rinse the throat, washed the wounds and sores.
A decoction of chamomile
1 tbsp. a spoonful of dried flowers pour 1 incomplete (to kaёmki) cup of boiling water, leave for 20-30 minutes, drain. Take ¼ cup 3 times a day. The same broth used for cosmetic purposes.
Unfortunately, in the Middle Ages daisy lost its former popularity and interest in it resumed only at the beginning of the XX century. but
chamomile used successfully even our great-grandmother.
To give the skin a velvety and golden hue
1 tbsp. a spoonful of dry raw pour 2 cups boiling water, cover with cheesecloth and allow to cool, strain and wash in the morning and evening. The more, the greater the effect.
Tonic cubes for wrinkles
2 tbsp. tablespoons dry baskets chamomile Pour 1 cup boiling water, leave for 20 minutes, drain, cool, freeze. Wipe diced face, neck and décolleté after washing, after a bath and shower.
For fading oily skin
For 1 cup of chamomile infusion add 1 teaspoon of vodka soaked gauze and apply on face for 10 minutes. Wash with water at room temperature.
This composition can be removed in the evening makeup. But make sure that no liquid gets into your eyes.
Steam bath to cleanse the face of chamomile
2 tbsp. spoons of chamomile blossoms pour 1 liter of boiling water, let cool slightly, lean over the bowl for 5-7 minutes, dry skin for 3 minutes, covered with a towel on top. After a steam bath to wash with cool water.
Baths for hydration and skin rejuvenation
4 tbsp. tablespoons dried chamomile Pour 1 liter of boiling water, leave for half an hour, strain, pour into the bath water temperature is 37 - + 38C. Take a bath for 15 minutes. After the bath, do not wipe, let dry out the moisture naturally.
- If after shampooing for 2-3 months
camomile broth they become shiny and golden.