The antiquity of the Russian bath can only guess. Herodotus, who traveled once on the territory of our country, wrote about the steam bath of the Scythians.
Scythian women had already used the aromatic substances, getting them when crushed cypress, cedar and incense on the rough stone. They poured water, and the resulting mixture smeared body, then all washed away, and the body becomes pure and fragrant.
The Byzantine historian Procopius of Caesarea (500-565 gg.) Wrote that the room accompanied by the ancient Slavs life: in the bath washed born babies, a bath before attending the wedding, in the bath washed their left this world.
Russian bath mentioned in the chronicles of X-XIII centuries. It is written about it in the "Tale of Bygone Years".
Foreigners on Russian baths not only surprised but also frightened, they thought their voluntary torture and did not understand how you can whip themselves with brooms at high temperature, and then jump naked in the ice hole. But gradually and foreigners appreciated healing power of the Russian bath.
In the old baths were built of logs and represented a small timbered houses with one small window located on the ceiling. In the corner is a large stove-heater, which fueled the fire heated the very bath and heated stones laid on top of the stove. The bath was a barrel of water. When the stones are heated, the fire was extinguished, and the hot stones watered. People soared, sitting or lying on the shelves. Instead of water, the stones are often watered kvas.
Saunas are usually standing near rivers or lakes, the winter after the pair swam in cold water if the reservoir was not there, then were ground snow. And in the summer just poured cold water.
Bath is not just a place where you can wash off the dirt, she has a truly healing effects on the body. In winter well-heated room, it prevents stick colds and infections, it makes a person stronger and improves mental faculties.
Doctor Empress Elizabeth Portuguese Sanchez (1778.) Argued that the Russian bath is able to replace almost all drugs. It was Sanchez, he left Russia for the first time contributed to the opening of the steam bath in Europe. Peter I, while abroad, ordered the construction of baths for the soldiers in Paris and Amsterdam. Russian baths were built in Europe and the Russian troops after the war with Napoleon.
it is not only the health, purity, clarity of mind,
it is also a beauty
- Lover of long baths do not age, retaining the freshness of the skin and its beautiful appearance. Knowledgeable people say that the right is equivalent to visit baths visit expensive salons.
- The steam increases blood circulation, opens the pores. After steam the skin becomes soft, smooth and velvety, like a baby.
- Cleans the skin birch brooms and brooms from rowan make it smooth and matte.
- Plus, the moist air and the heat is removed from the body of excess water, helping to lose weight.
- After the second call in a steam room, experts advise to hold the face and body peeling.
Mix 1 cup of cream with 1 cup of salt and massage movements applied to the whole body. Wash off after 20 minutes of warm water in the shower.
- For a good moisturizing body whole body after cleaning coat with yogurt, which is then washed off with warm water.
- During the breaks between calls in a steam room to put a mask on the face (in the steam room of the masks is not recommended to be applied).
Peel and mash with kiwi, add 1 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon of cream, mix well and apply on face for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
1 tbsp. a spoonful of cottage cheese mixed with a 1st. spoon of warm milk and a pinch of salt, stir and put on face for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
Mix 1 chicken yolk with 1st. olive oil and 1 teaspoon of honey, a good grind and rub on face, neck and chest. Rinse with warm water after 20 minutes.
Cleansing Mask for oily skin
1 teaspoon tincture of calendula (available at pharmacies) diluted in 1 cup water. Wet terry cloth and apply to face. After 10 minutes remove the tissue. Wash is not necessary.
It is useful to rinse body and hair
decoction of herbs
Oregano, mint, St. John's wort, black currant leaves, chamomile, calendula choice (or a mixture of different herbs) 4 tbsp. tablespoons brewed with 1 liter of boiling water for 1-2 hours, filter and rinse body and hair.
- And if you need to carry out prevention of colds, or to cope with the already existing, brewed the leaves of eucalyptus.
- Disinfecting and branches of spruce, fir, pine, cypress, put on the shelf in the steam room.