Aromatic plants known to people since ancient times. The most reliable evidence of the use of spices belong to the Neolithic period, even in this period people were known caraway, angelica, poppy and parsnips. And the list only expanded over the centuries.
And in our century, the century of chemistry and new industrial technologies, one of the most popular nutritional supplements are
- Fresh or dried parts of aromatic plants. The nutritional value of their relatively small, but even adding a small amount of spices in the dish gives the food a peculiar taste and aroma. Moreover, the spices have a number of properties that are not directly related to gastronomy. So, the vast majority of spices has the ability to activate the process of withdrawing from the body different kinds of toxins, improve metabolism, play the role of catalyst in a number of enzymatic processes.
Many herbs and spices have a warming effect, giving the property its warm person, it is their property can be used for colds and infections, arthritis and rheumatic pains.
Spicy flavor of spices elevates mood and relieves stress, moreover, many of them are beautiful cosmetics.
Each spice "highlight" its own unique features. Some refreshing, cool, calm, such as mint, fennel. Others on the contrary warm, give energy, elevate mood, strengthen immunity to colds - a cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, red pepper and others.
Such spices, with a rich aroma and pungent taste is the best suited to the conditions of the cold season, they help us to keep warm in the cold and reminiscent of the hot summer.
- "Perfect spice", so called cinnamon Greeks, and indeed, they had every reason to think so!
Homeland cinnamon trees, which are made from the bark of a spice, a Ceylon. Every two years, with the young shoots of the inner layer of bark is removed, dried pieces in the form of rods which are commercially available. Cinnamon has long been one of the most expensive spices. Studies carried out in parallel in different countries have proved that the taste and smell of cinnamon can improve mental abilities. Cinnamon strengthens the heart and stops the inflammatory processes in the urogenital tract, and if it is consumed regularly, and you will not be digestive problems.
Cinnamon promotes rapid metabolism, is a part
- If you want to lose weight in the morning half an hour before breakfast, drink green tea with cinnamon - in a glass of tea 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- In the evening, instead of dinner is useful to drink yogurt with cinnamon.
- As a local agent to get rid of body fat, cellulite will be useful wraps with cinnamon. So take: a bag of ground cinnamon (16 g.), Blue clay (15 oz.). Dilute with cinnamon clay hot water to the state of the liquid slurry, add 5 drops of rosemary oil. We cover the mixture problem areas, put plastic wrap on top, warm towel and lie down under a blanket 40-minute course iz10 procedures every day, not only reduce the appearance of cellulite, but also make the skin more elastic.
Honey and cinnamon
- An excellent remedy for many diseases and perfect preventive agent. For example, a slice of bread, spread with a paste of honey and cinnamon powder for breakfast, reduces the level of cholesterol in the arteries and prevents atherosclerosis and heart attack, improves the condition of the veins and arteries, strengthens the heart muscle, improves breathing. The daily intake of 0, 5, Art. l. honey with cinnamon in a glass of water improves the immune system and is especially important for women, delays the onset of old age!
The recipe of youth
1 Art. l. cinnamon, boil 3 cups of water, cool, add 4 tbsp. l. honey, drink a quarter cup 3-4 times a day.
The recipe for strengthening hair
. Mix 1 h. L. preheated olive oil, 1 tbsp. l. honey, 1 hr. l. cinnamon. We must now put this mixture on the roots of the hair for 15 minutes before washing the hair, hold his head under a warm cap for 15-20 minutes, then wash your hair with warm water.
- Fragrant and burning the taste of dried flower buds of the evergreen allspice myrtle family, shaped like a small nails in length 1-1, 5 cm.
Possesses strong antiseptic, not without reason, and in ancient China at the imperial court, and in more recent times in the courts of European monarchs, courtiers obliged to chew cloves, in order to protect the rulers of possible infections. Cloves from time immemorial been used as a spice and medicine. Good stud to facilitate breathing for respiratory diseases. It warms the body. It strengthens the stomach and liver, memory, blood circulation. Decoction of her treat some eye diseases.
- In folk cosmetology cloves used
. A couple of buds chop, mix with chopped herbs yellow gentian. Before brushing powder and diluted with water 2 times a day brushing teeth form a paste. 3 days is enough to teeth shone white.
Lotion to strengthen hair
. Five buds cloves crushed, clove powder mix with a glass onion peel and pour a glass of vodka. We insist two weeks in a dark place. This lotion should be rubbed into the hair roots before washing the head, you need to keep the hair for 30-40 minutes, then you can wash your hair in the usual way.
- Clove oil is widely used in perfumery. The property of this fragrance deter mosquitoes, moths and other flying insects, use a household mistress, vacationers and tourists.
- Pharmacology believe clove excellent antiseptic and effective remedy for toothache.
or muskatnik, of a kind evergreen dioecious trees Muskatnikovye family.
Fruits muskatnika (nutmeg) and dried prisemyannik (mace) have a burning-spicy flavor and unique aroma. The main component of nutmeg - essential oil, protein and starch. Nutmeg is not only a great seasoning for meat dishes and pastries, it can be used to treat a runny nose (rub between the fingers muscat chips and inhale deeply her ethereal vapors through the nose). It enhances the activity of the immune system. Nutmeg has psychoactive properties, when used in its pure form, can cause a feeling of euphoria. This small psychedelic causes an altered state of perception, in which there are unusual experiences, mainly in the field of bodily sensations, hallucinations. So eat inside with caution.
Nutmeg is used in cosmetology. It is a part of creams, gels, shampoos, hair tonic. Apply nutmeg and home cosmetics.
- For example,
Mask for oily skin
oatmeal, banana and nutmeg. Oat flakes and nutmeg crush in a coffee grinder, mix in a blender with half a banana, add a little cream - and the mask is ready. Oatmeal in it - adsorbent, nutmeg - antiseptic, Banana nourishes and softens the skin.
. Ginger appearance slightly resembles a cane, that's just his high stalk covered with scales, and the orange-yellow flowers, collected in inflorescence.
Spice is obtained from the roots of the plant. Ginger - a popular spice, but also consummate healer. To list the number of diseases that eliminates ginger, require more than one page. It restores the immune system, improves mental resilience in stressful situations, activates digestion, eliminates spasms in the intestines, cures colds and lung diseases. Normalizes the activity of the thyroid gland, treats most skin and allergic diseases, bronchial asthma, cerebral blood flow. And, perhaps the most attractive of all the miraculous properties of ginger - slowing down the aging process.
restores strength when physical and mental fatigue. By drinking ginger drink there "effect interior warmer", which stimulates metabolism, prevents overeating, promotes weight loss.
ginger drink for weight loss
not complicated. You just need to take ginger root (4-4, 5 cm), peel, chop, add a couple of cloves of garlic cooked in advance. Pour boiling water (2 liters) of chopped ginger and garlic cloves, half an hour to insist. The ingredients are then removed from the finished brew and drink tea in hot or warm as 4-6 times a day for half an hour before meals.
- Warms winter is not just a drink of ginger, before going out, you can pour in the ginger socks and gloves, while his feet and hands will stay warm for a long time.
Winter spices - it is the living energy that heats the person inside, warms, cleans and treats, making it stronger and more beautiful. Well, if you're still cold, that the cold and unstable weather, not too surprisingly, the aid will come warming drinks with herbs.
Warming drink in the cold
Wash, peel and grate the ginger root (4 - 5 cm), minced 2 cinnamon rolls, add 4-5 pieces of cloves. Fold everything in a saucepan and pour 300 ml of water. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Strain the broth is ready, and when it has cooled slightly add honey to taste.
- Oh, and speaking of spices in the winter, not to mention such a beautiful warming and tonic as the
Red dry (or semi-dry) wine is poured into a pan. This drink is ready for the future should not be better each time to cook fresh mulled wine, not warm it. Add the cloves, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and red hot peppers - all for a small pinch. You can add honey and lemon juice. We put on the fire. Gray, but did not give a boil. Ideally, mulled must be heated to 65-70 degrees.
- It is proved that the best spices is absorbed in natural red wine, which in and of itself (in moderation of course) is a powerful tool for healing, let alone with spices ...! Drink, enjoy, look younger!